Recipe:Vegan Pecan Pie
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Prep time||Cook time||Total time|
|1 hour 30 mins||25 mins||1 hour 55 mins|
Easy cinnamon rolls with just 7 ingredients and no complicated steps. Just proof, roll out and bake! Plus, they’re vegan and SO delicious, fluffy and gooey! Author: Minimalist Baker
|1 packet||instant (or rapid rise) yeast (2 1/4 tsp)|
|1 cup||unsweetened plain almond milk|
|3 tbsp + 3 tbsp + 2 tbsp
|Earth Balance (vegan butter), divided|
|3 cups||unbleached all purpose flour|
|1 1/2 tsp||ground cinnamon|
|1/4 cup + 1 tbsp||organic cane sugar, divided|
- In a large sauce pan (or in a bowl in the microwave at 30 sec increments), heat the almond milk and 3 Tbsp Earth Balance until warm and melted, never reaching boiling. Remove from heat and let cool to 110 degrees F (43 C), or the temperature of bath water. It should be warm but not too hot or it will kill the yeast.
- Transfer mixture to a large mixing bowl and sprinkle on yeast. Let activate for 10 minutes, then add 1 Tbsp sugar and the salt and stir.
- Next add in flour 1/2 cup (68 g) at a time, stirring as you go. The dough will be sticky. When it is too thick to stir, transfer to a lightly floured surface and knead for a minute or so until it forms a loose ball. Rinse your mixing bowl out, coat it with canola or grapeseed oil, and add your dough ball back in. Cover with plastic wrap and set in a warm place to rise for about 1 hour, or until doubled in size (see photo).
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough into a thin rectangle. Brush with 3 Tbsp melted Earth Balance and top with 1/4 cup sugar and 1/2 - 1 Tbsp cinnamon (to taste).
- Starting at one end, tightly roll up the dough and situate seam side down. Then with a serrated knife or a string of floss, cut the dough into 1.5 - 2 inch sections and position in a well-buttered 8x8-inch square or comparable sized round pan (you should have about 10 rolls). Brush with remaining 2 Tbsp Earth Balance (melted) and cover with plastic wrap. Set on top of the oven to let rise again while you preheat oven to 350 degrees F (176 C).
- Once the oven is hot, bake rolls for 25-30 minutes or until slightly golden brown. Let cool for a few minutes and then serve immediately.
Note: From original recipe. May not be accurate.
|Serving size||1 roll|
- You can use regular yeast, but it will require more time to let them rise properly.
- I have not tried making this recipe gluten free, however, many of you have had success with a blend of slept flour or whole wheat pastry. But for classic, fluffy cinnamon rolls, I recommend unbleached all purpose.
- In a double batch I ended up putting in 3 tbsp here.