Sysadmin:2020-02 Windows 10 Search Issue
Sometime during the night before 2020-02-05, Microsoft seemed to push an update to Windows 10 devices breaking search.
Here's a potential fix:
This process requires the involvement of a domain administrator, or second local administrator account.
- Log out of the main user account. Log in with an administrator account.
- Navigate to C:\Users\<ProblemUserAccount>\AppData\Local\Packages.
Note: You may need to grant yourself permission to access the <ProblemUserAccount>'s folder.
- Find the folder that being with Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_...
- Rename that folder, appending
- Logout of your administrator account and the <ProblemUserAccount> should be able to use search again.